We're plugged in; participate with us!
We've participated in our community for years - it's just the nature of credit unions to give back and we are no exception.
Community Giving PhilosophyAt USAgencies we strive to be a consistent resource for our members along the path of their financial life. We guide, encourage, and support as needed. The same is true in our efforts to give back to the communities and groups we serve. Through the USAgencies Community Giving Team we live the social mission of credit unions – to assist with meeting basic needs and to invest in programs to strengthen and enhance our community. We are simply people helping people.
Our employee-managed Community Giving Team reviews and fulfills community requests that reflect the composition of USAgencies membership. We ensure the funds we give back improve the community and wellbeing of our members.
2016 ImpactWith the help of our members, staff, volunteers, and business partnerships, USAgencies was able to give back in a big way in 2016.
Click on the 2016 Community Impact Infographic to see all the ways we were #GivingBack last year!
FundingCommunity giving funds come from a commitment we’ve made to consistently give back. Each year, 5% of net income from our Platinum VISA Credit Card is allotted to community giving. Members can support this ongoing effort by using their USAgencies’ Platinum VISA card wherever VISA is accepted, knowing that we are giving a generous portion back to the communities we serve.
Request a DonationGet started here with your donation request after reading through our Guidelines for Eligibility and other important details.
Charitable Giving through our Platinum VISA Card ProgramWe give 5% of net profits from our rewards card back to our community – each and every year. In past years these funds, in addition to fundraisers done with our members and staff, have been used for a variety of efforts including donations to:
- The Chiefs of Police Association
- The National Credit Union Foundation
- The Northwest Credit Union Foundation
- The Portland Police Bureau's G.R.E.A.T. (Gang Resistance Education and Training) Program
- The United Way of Columbia-Willamette
- The Combined Federal Campaign
- The Marine Corp Foundation Operation Santa
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- The Oregon Food Bank
- The KGW Great Toy Drive
- Credit Unions for Kids
- The American Red Cross
- The Salvation Army
- The Dougy Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Cat Adoption Team
- Portland Police Bureau, K-9 Unit
- East County Basketball Academy
- Chemawa Indian School
- SMART (Start Making A Reader Today)
- NAYA - Homeownership Fair
- American Legion Post 1
- Outside In
- And many, many more
Credit Unions for KidsWe proudly support the efforts of Credit Unions for Kids, founded in Oregon in 1986 by seven credit unions. Fundraising efforts in the form of lobby pin-ups, candy sales, raffles, and auctions happen year round and benefit the local Children's Miracle Network Hospital – in Portland, it's Doernbecher Children's Hospital. We'd like to thank our members for participating in supporting this cause with us – it's one that's close to the hearts of credit unions nationwide.
Community Giving Guidelines for EligibilityTo ensure that we are giving in alignment with our giving philosophy and that our team has some guidelines to follow when receiving and reviewing requests, we kindly ask that the following eligibility guidelines are considered when submitting your request for support.
All requests must be submitted in writing, accompanied by a USAgencies Community Giving Contribution Request Form. Please submit requests a minimum of 30 days prior to the need for a decision and/or funding.
All requests will be reviewed on an individual basis by our Community Giving Team. USAgencies reserves the right to deny any and all requests by any and all parties regardless of whether they meet or do not meet the criteria outlined. USAgencies also reserves the right to provide in-kind contributions in lieu of cash requests for organizations that meet the criteria.
Consideration will be given to the financial need of each request, based on the following:
- The requesting organization’s sources of support
- The donation’s overall impact to the community or communities served
- The donation’s overall positive impact on USAgencies members
- The size or amount of the contribution request
- Funds availability
- Federal, state and county initiatives
- Programs and projects that support our Veterans
- Native American initiatives
- Education and Financial Literacy
- Credit Union movement and credit union neighborhood supported initiatives
- Approved Select Employee Group initiatives
- Individual teams or smaller sports organizations that do not benefit a large segment of the community
- Political activities, including candidates, campaigns and Political Action Committees
- “For-profit” organizations
- Religious groups or religion-based organizations
- Individuals (including members) or organizations seeking funds for personal or individual endeavors, including reimbursement for medical needs or expenses
- Organizations where funds would be used to for purpose of building assets or capital
- Those capable of supporting themselves
Tips for a successful application
- Correspondence from USAgencies will be directed to the person listed on the application. This person must be an authorized representative of the organization requesting support.
- USAgencies will consider all eligible requests. Our average Community Giving donation ranges from $100 to $1,500.
- Please submit requests a minimum of 30 days prior to the need for a decision and/or funding.
We were created, in 1936, on the foundational credit union philosophy of ‘people helping people.’