Reporting Fraud to your Credit Union
It happened. Now what? The sooner you detect and report fraud, the lower the impact on you and your finances.
Time is of the essence with it comes to reporting fraud. If you suspect anything is amiss with your account, please contact us right away.
If you believe your personal info has been compromised, here are some 'next steps' to take:
- Contact your local Police Department. If you're the victim of identity theft, it's important to let the authorities know and to file a criminal report
- Contact Major Credit Bureaus. Contact the three major credit reporting agencies to report fraud. You may also request a free annual credit report from each to review for fraud-
- File a Complaint with the FTC. File a complaint online with the Federal Trade Commission
- File a Complaint with the IC3. File a complaint online with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Keep Records. Document the names and numbers of everyone you contact regarding the incident. Keep copies of all correspondence.